Glandular Odontogenic Cystin Maxilla : A Case Series
Glandular odontogenic cyst is rare phenomenon with 0.012% to 0.03. 3% frequency of all jaw cysts and worldwide prevalence of 0.17%. Diagnosis of Glandular odontogenic cyst, well known for its aggressive growth potential and high rate of recurrence, is very crucial. This report presents cases of two 50-year old individuals with Glandular odontogenic cyst presenting as a radiolucent lesion of maxilla. Final diagnosis was made on the basis of histopathological features and further confirmed by immunohistochemical analysis.
2. Li L, Singh P, Ping J, Li X, Li L, Singh P, et al. Glandular odontogenic cyst of posterior maxilla : A rare entity. Int J case Rep images (IJCRI). 2016;7(4):254–60. [DOI | Full text]
3. Frazier JJ, Flint DJ. Glandular odontogenic cyst of the anterior maxilla in a 13-year old male : a rare case of location and age . J Oral Med Surg. 2017;1(1):10–3. [Full text]
4. El-Naggar AK, Chan JKC, Grandis JR, Takata T, Slootweg PJ. WHO classification of head and neck tumours. 4th ed. Lyon, France: IARC; 2017. 238-9 p. [Full text]
5. Maleki L, Hekmatimoghadam S, Tabatabaei S, Firouzabadi AH, Azam AN. Glandular odontogenic cyst of the mandible. Journal of Case Reports in Practice (JCRP). 2016;4(4):43–5. [Full text]
6. Pires FR, Chen SY, da Cruz Perez DE, de Almeida OP KL. Cytokeratin expression in central mucoepidermoid carcinoma and glandular odontogenic cyst. Oral Oncol. 2004;31(40):545–51. [PubMed | DOI]
Copyright (c) 2018 Bidhata Ojha, Dipshikha Bajracharya, Radha Baral, Shubrata Bhattacharyya, Saurabh Roy, Sumit Singh, Bikash Deshar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
JNMA allow to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and allow readers to use them for any other lawful purpose. The author(s) are allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions. The JNMA work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. More about Copyright Policy.